- About EBBA
- Roll of Honour
- EBBC 2018
Carsten Hering Nielsen new General Secretary of EBBA
The Executive Committee of European Brass Band Association has appointed Carsten Hering Nielsen as the organisation's new General Secretary.
At a meeting in Utrecht last week it was decided that Carsten Hering Nielsen (45, Denmark) will take over from Berit Handegard (Norway) who has served as the General Secretary since 2007.
The changes will take effect with Carsten Hering Nielsen taking over immediately but with Berit Handegard having an overlap until December 31st this year. Carsten Hering Nielsen will then be nominated for ordinary election at the next Annual General Meeting in Oslo in May 2013.
'It has been great to work for EBBA and the bands for the last five years. I'm now looking forward to concentrating on Oslo 2013. All the best to Carsten and the EBBA Executive committee in their future work', says Berit Handegard.
Carsten Hering Nielsen was elected into the Executive Committee in May 2012 after having served as a country delegate for Denmark since 2006.
Berit Handegard is the event manager of next years European Brass Band Championships in Oslo, Norway, so now was a good time to change seats.
EBBA president Ulf Rosenberg says:
- "We have known since the re-election in May 2011 that Berit Handegard would step down during her election period, and this has been communicated to the Annual General Meeting. This will improve the situation in the Executive Committee where four key people will stand for election in 2015, and can possibly leave at the same time. With the election of a new General Secretary at the GM in 2013 we reduce this risk. We thank Berit very much for all her hard and competent work during the last more than five years. Her efforts have maintained and developed the quality and acknowledgement of the EBBC and the side events, and it has been very enjoyable to have Berit in the team".
- I first met Carsten more than 15 years ago and I am very much looking forward to work with him. Carsten has been involved with the Danish Band Federation for more than 20 years. He has high professional background from his various work. Carsten is an experienced and true bandsman and has played at the European Brass Band Championship himself, and he is also a former band manager for one of Denmark's best bands and for the Danish National Youth Brass Band, says Ulf Rosenberg.
- "I am very proud and honoured by the trust invested in me by the Executive Committee", says Carsten Hering. "I will do my best to make things run smoothly so nobody will notice that there has been a change. But I also know that I will have to ask my colleagues for advice many times, to secure that we keep the European Brass Band Championship the world's most prestigious band event."
- "The level of playing we heard this year in Rotterdam was out of this world - and I sincerely believe that we will continue the progress in Oslo with a strong line-up and excellent organised event", says Carsten Hering Nielsen.
For more information contact
- Ulf Rosenberg - firstname.lastname@example.org - Mobile: +47-9286-6300
- Carsten Hering Nielsen - email@example.com - Mobile: +45-4033-1406